Thursday, November 17, 2011

Maybelline BzzAgent Campaign

Maybelline Baby Lips & Lots of Lashes Campaign

Recently I received my Maybelline Baby Lips & Lots of Lashes BzzKit from BzzAgent. When I first opened my BzzKit, I was SHOCKED as to how much was in it! In all my previous BzzKits I've received enough product to test myself and maybe a few coupons to hand out to my friends and family so that they might try it themselves, but in small little box I received came FIVE Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balms and FIVE Maybelline Lots of Lashes Mascara! As someone who does not often wear make up I knew there was no possible way I could use all of these products by myself (though I was tempted to keep all the Baby Lips). So I decided I would host a product testing party for a few of my friends to come try the Maybelline Mascara and Lip Balm with me.  

But first, I wanted to test it for myself! I was so excited after seeing all the Maybelline make up that came out of my little BzzKit I wanted to try it right away. I was glad that all of the mascara's came in "very black", because I wouldn't know what to do with any other color, but there were so many choices for the Baby Lips. I didn't know which color, flavor or shade I should try. I settled on my favorite colored tube, orange, thinking the lip balm would be similar to Chapstick where the color of the actually lip balm wouldn't matter.... Boy was I wrong! Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm with SPF 20 is not much like Chapstick at all. When applying the Baby Lips I noticed that the color of the lip balm DOES matter, and that I do not look the greatest with bright red lips. As soon as i realized that it actually colors my lips I wish I had chosen one of the two clear styles. Aside from the coloring, Baby Lips Lib Balm was pretty good. I did notice the moisturizing effects, however it did not last anywhere close to 8 hours. This is a product you would need to apply a few times throughout the day, especially if you drink or play with your lips at all; The color comes off easily. I also enjoyed the smell of my cherry Baby Lips, though a few times I caught myself craving some cherry Kool Aid. I'm planning to buy myself one of the clear types, maybe peppermint? I would defiantly recommend this product to anyone who wears lipstick or chapstick, just make sure you like the color you chose before you buy it. Here is a coupon for $1 off Maybelline Baby Lips if you would like to try it yourself. :)
 
Like I had mentioned before all of the Lots of Lashes Mascara came in Very Black, however Maybelline does sell two other shades: Blackest Black and Brownish Black. I'm curious to see the difference between Very Black and Blackest Black. I'll have to buy myself the Lots of Lashes Blackest Black with this $1 off coupon to find out.
With me not being someone who wear mascara often, I was a little worried that the new brush could make application more complicated. Luckily I was wrong, with the heart shaped brush application was easier then a regular brush. The wide end is perfect for extending and defining your outer lashes while the small end is great for your inner lashes. I never knew my lashes could be so long!
Thanks to Maybellines Lots of Lashes I went from never wearing mascara to wearing it just about everyday! It brings out my eye lashes without getting clumps, I'm in love!

1 comment:

Angie's Angle said...

I'm jealous you got this kit. I so wanted it, but didn't even get the chance. boo :( hehe
I love your review and that you shared with your friends to get their opinions!